Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm Faster Than Sharks, So, It's Not a Big Deal

It always begins with a choice, out of "nowhere", to pick up a movie, or a book, or a magazine, or go for a walk, or research an idea.

And today it happened at my doctor's office.  I turn to a magazine rack, and see an issue of "Outside" magazine, and Steve Nash is on the cover.  

Now, I don't follow sports, or really anything, except the scent of lotion, but I thought "Hm... Steve Nash.  I like the sound of his name.  I've heard this name somewhere." 

It's official.  I'm obsessed.  


Oh my.  Ok, I should go. 

2 comments:

  1. One of the best point guards to play the game...ever. He has a spinal condition that causes tremendous back pain, so when he is not in the game, he lies on his back on the floor. I think it's on his back, maybe it's his stomach. I can't remember. Anydribble, he also is a very good soccer player. During the slam dunk contest a few years ago, Steve Nash headed a basketball up to teammate Amare Stoudemire, who was in the contest, then Amare dunked it. Interesting Meta-fact, or Meact, I used to hate Steve Nash when he played for Dallas, but then when he went to Phoenix I LOVED him, so I figured that really I must've hated Dirk Nowitczki...or Texas. And that same thing happened w/ Shaquille O'Neal and the Lakers: hated him, then loved him when he left and figured out it was Kobe Bryant who I hated. But that's not the point, I'm just babbling now. Oh, but interesting that Shaq and Steve are on the same team and those are the 2 playes that I've noticed hating, then loving. Back to the thing I was saying...which has been forgotten. Crud. Um, I guess I just wanted to say that I like Steve Nash too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing about basketball, and yes, I totally agree with you that this guy has to be one of THE BEST, EVER. The moves he pulls are so ridiculous, it's like, it compounds my belief in God, and in a higher power and ability for humans, because it's just magnificent, awe-inspiring, genius. And he is an amazing soccer player, too, I saw some footage of him. We should go to a game the next time they're in town. Or, how bout we just go to Phoenix and kind of, like, hang out?

    ReplyDelete