Wednesday, March 18, 2009

When You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go

I was at a restaurant in downtown San Mateo one night with my boyfriend, and even though I didn't have to go to the powder room, I found myself leaving the table and making my way there, as if being pulled.  I walked downstairs to the restroom, and kind of, well, hung out in one of the stalls.  Thankfully no one else was there to witness me, not doing anything, in the bathroom.  Not that I'd want anyone to witness me doing something, but you know what I mean.  

So then it happens.  These two women come in, and one of them is talking about a friend of hers who recently adopted a child.  She mentioned something about the husband not being supportive, and how the wife had found a lot of help through this website called "The Courage to be You."  And then they left, and that was it. 

And when I went home, I got online and found this.  It was like revelation.  

Incidentally, there's a wombat involved. 

1 comment:

  1. Anything involving wombats is always awesome, and that link is awesome. Being authentic, getting back to that place when we were unapologetically ourselves, that's what we should all be striving for. That's what "it's" all about. Now I'm gonna go get on a swing and swing, because swinging helps me get there.

    ReplyDelete