Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Prayer, in Questions.

I wrote this on 3.13.09, 10:41pm, and that night, and early the next morning, the dam broke.  

Are you what infuses all good things? 
Are you the love that chased me down this evening, that pursued my mind, that first offered me a vision of reading the Bible, and upon me rejecting it, refusing it, led me to pursue music, one song in particular, not letting me stop until I found it, and this song, leading me to these revelations?

The revelations being things that I have known before, and have somehow forgotten?  
That you are what infuses everything?
That you are determined to see me happy, and peaceful?
That it could all actually be as good and as easy as what you offer us, which is, that you take all the bad things out of our minds? 
That I have to actually believe what other people say, because if I don't, I'm stuck in my own hell, unable to move past what I coldly don't want to believe, which are all of the things I've just written, elsewhere?
That all the bad things I've done are, as the song says, on the ocean floor? 
That my neglect of the one person I loved more than anyone, as much as it hurts, as much as it hurts more to let go of the guilt, if I choose to believe you, it's actually not something that is mine to even hang onto?  

No comments:

Post a Comment